Our client wanted a new open spacious living space and kitchen for family and for entertaining. We relocated the kitchen to allow the living space to be opened for entertaining and for outdoor viewing of the pool.
With the new layout, the kitchen features a massive 13 ft long island with book-matched slabs and waterfall edges on both sides providing seating for 7 guests. The double refrigerators are flanking the range with the hood which are perfectly centered and symmetrical to the large island. This layout not only makes the living space much larger but also connects well to the rest of the house. The kitchen is an absolute show-stopper.
- Walls & ceilings throughout are skim coated to a smooth finish.
- New craftsman style doors and crown molding.
- Wood floors are refinished throughout the space.
- Due to the low bearing wall, and second story above, multiple LVL beams to support the second story were added.
- New built in pantry and coffee bar.
- Custom-built hidden storage. Custom paneling was built on the opposite wall – one of the panels are open/close leading to the hidden storage under the stairs.
- Matching quartzite backsplash was installed to keep a consistent clean look.